Middle Bass Island Vehicle Guidelines
Cars, motorcycles, RVs, and boats on trailers are all welcome aboard Miller Ferries to Put-in-Bay and Middle Bass Island. Our goal is to provide you safe, convenient and reliable ferry transportation. Please note these Guidelines for bringing a vehicle. Open alcoholic containers prohibited on board all Miller Boat Line vessels and premises. Masks are not required while inside your vehicle, UNLESS you have an open air vehicle such as a motorcycle, golf cart, open top Jeep, convertible, etc. Vehicles must be turned off while on board the ferries.
Vehicles Going to Middle Bass Island
- Reservations are required. Reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance, but must be made by 4:00 pm the prior day. Call 419-285-2421 (local) or 800-500-2421 for reservations through the Miller Boat Line office.
- Vehicles must be in line 20 minutes before departure time on weekdays and 30 minutes before departure time on weekends.
- Because of heavier traffic we are not able to round trip a vehicle from Catawba on Sunday or on a Holiday Monday.
- Charges may be applied for vehicles not cancelled the day prior to reservations.
- Schedule is subject to change without notice.
- If a ferry trip is cancelled, reservations must be rescheduled through the Miller office. Local 419-285-2421 or 800-500-2421.
- Record high water levels may limit/prohibit some vehicles due to clearance issues.
- Not responsible for low hanging exhaust or low ground clearance vehicles.
- Maximum gross vehicle weight is 30 tons.
- Due to Maritime Security regulations, customers, vehicles and baggage may be subject to inspection.
- A limit of two 5-gallon appropriated containers of gasoline/propane can be brought on board the ferry. All containers must be inside a vehicle. No gasoline/propane containers may be carried on.
- No construction trucks with saddle tanks in bed of pickup, due to Coast Guard Regulations.
- Once on board, apply your vehicle’s emergency brake.
- Thank you for not smoking on board or in shelter houses.