Miller Ferry “Captain for a Day” Contest
Would Your Child Like to be a Miller Ferry Captain?
He or she can sit at the helm in the pilot house aboard a Miller Ferry & learn about navigation controls, surrounding islands, & what it takes to run a Lake Erie ferry boat. Have your child (age 6-12 yrs) submit an essay (100 words or less) about why he or she would be the Greatest Lake Erie Ferry Captain. The child with the chosen essay will win 4 round trip tickets aboard Miller Ferry to Put-in-Bay & get the full Captain experience.
This contest is now closed.
The winner will be announced on or before July 11, 2019.
- Child must be 6-12 years old.
- One entry per child.
- The essay must be written by the child and be 100 words or less.
- Essays must be received by email or mail by July 1, 2019.
- One winner will be selected. Miller Ferry reserves the right to choose the winner.
- The Winner will be notified by phone & email. If the winner cannot be reached within 3 days, a new winner will be selected. If a valid phone/email is not provided, a new winner will be selected.
- The winner will be announced on Miller Ferry’s Facebook & Twitter pages after the winner has been notified.
- The winning child must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on ferry ride.
- Up to 3 people may accompany the winner in the pilot house. This will be at the Captain’s discretion.
- The time & date of the ferry ride will be at the Captain’s discretion.
- The child and family/legal guardian will make one round trip ferry ride to Put-in-Bay & back.
- Miller Ferry reserves the right to take & use any photos/video of the child aboard the ferry & in the pilot house.
- Miller Boat Line employees and employee’s family may not enter.
- No cash alternatives to this prize will be offered.
- No cash