He or she can sit at the helm in the pilot house aboard a Miller Ferry and learn about navigation controls, surrounding islands, and what it takes to run a Lake Erie ferry boat. Have your child submit an essay (100 words or less) about why he or she would be the Greatest Lake Erie Ferry Captain. The child with the chosen essay will win 4 round trip tickets aboard Miller Ferry to Put-in-Bay and get the full Captain experience.
1. Child must be 6-12 years old.
2. One entry per child.
3. The essay must be written by the child and be 100 words or less.
4. Essays must be received by email or mail by July 1, 2019.
5. One winner will be selected. Miller Ferry reserves the right to choose the winner.
6. The winner will be notified by phone & email. If the winner cannot be reached within 3 days, a new winner will be selected. If a valid phone/email is not provided, a new winner will be selected.
7. The winner will be announced on Miller Ferry’s Facebook and Twitter pages, after the winner has been notified.
8. The winning child must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on ferry ride.
9. Up to 3 people may accompany the winner in pilot house. This will be at the Captain’s discretion.
10. The time and date of the ferry ride will be at the Captain’s discretion.
11. The child and parent/legal guardian will make one round trip ferry ride to Put-in-Bay and back.
12. Miller Ferry reserves the right to take and use any photos/video of child aboard the ferry and in the pilot house for marketing and advertising purposes.
13. Miller Boat Line employees and employee’s family may not enter this contest.
14. No cash alternatives to prize will be offered.