23 Ways to Save on Put-in-Bay’s Memorial Day Weekend for Active Military & American Veterans
South Bass Island and the village of Put-in-Bay are forever in debt to America’s military. Without Commodore Perry and his crew’s victory against the British in the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812, British forces would’ve seized control of the Great Lakes and Put-in-Bay’s landscape might look significantly different. To pay homage to these brave men and women, not only is Miller Ferry offering free passage to Active Military and American Veterans during the Memorial Day Weekend celebrations, but several other island businesses are offering huge discounts as well.
With a valid Military ID, Active Military & American Veterans can experience the best of Put-in-Bay on a budget:
- Free Passage Aboard the Miller Ferry – Saturday, May 28 through Memorial Day, May 30. Because you have to get over to Put-in-Bay to take advantage of all these deals.
- 10% Off Any Food Item @ Boardwalk Main & Upper Deck – One could use this to save money on a world famous Perch sandwich…just an idea. With tartar.
- 10% Off Any Cameo Food Item – This native of Sandusky found its way to Put-in-Bay years ago and thank goodness they did. Try a large bacon and onion, you’ll thank us later.
- 10% Off Any Item @ The Candy Bar – Word on the street is the Candy Bar is conducting tests to see what tastes best covered in chocolate. We’re guessing you’d like to be around to see the results of said tests.
- 20% Discount on All Merchandise @ Carriage House Gift Shop – With over 600 Put-in-Bay themed items, chances are good you’ll find something nice to set on your mantle.
- 10% Off Any Food Item @ Dairy Isle – Two words. Ice cream.
- $5 Off Daily Cart Rental @ E’s Golf Carts – Conveniently located at the top right of Miller Ferry’s Lime Kiln Dock, golf carts from E’s might just be the best possible way to view the island.
- 50% Off Combo Tours, $4 Winery Tour + Cave Tour + Glass of Wine of Juice @ Heineman’s Winery – Okay, this discount is just grape! All jokes aside, saving this much gives you nothing to wine about. Sorry.
- 10% Off Any Food Item (except alcohol) @ Hooligans – Hooley Cheese Dip followed closely by The Sheehan Ruck and you’ll feel right as rain. Erin go Bragh!
- $5 Off Daily Golf Cart Rental @ Island Bike & Cart Rental – Buzz around the island on one of these sweet little numbers. Yet another way to see the island at your leisure.
- 50% Off Vacation Rentals, Golf Cart Rentals and Breakfast Buffet @ J.F. Walleye’s – Why should everyone on South Bass Island be the only ones having fun? Head over to Middle Bass for this crazy awesome deal.
- Free Ride and $1 Off Adult Family Members @ Lime Kiln Bus – The best way to get from Miller Ferry’s Lime Kiln Dock to downtown Put-in-Bay just got even better.
- 25% Off Meal (Excludes alcohol) @ Pasquale’s Cafe – 25% off is a lot, especially when we’re talking about the tasty food at Pasquale’s. Legendary breakfast, fantastic pizza. You really can’t go wrong.
- Free Admission & $1 Off Family Members @ Perry’s Cave & Family Fun Center – Spelunking = Fun. Butterflies = More Fun. Enjoy.
- Free Tour & $1 Off Family Members @ Put-in-Bay Tour Train – Golf carts may be the best way to see the island at your leisure, but if you want to hear all the juicy island history and lore, the Put-in-Bay Tour Train is a must visit. Plus you get to ride around in a train car. Bonus!
- 20% Off Total Food Bill @ The Reel Bar – One word. Burger. Okay, three words. Burger and fries.
- 15% Off Total Food Bill @ T & J’s Smokehouse – Beef brisket dripping with sweet, succulent, smoky BBQ sauce topped with delicious coleslaw and fresh cut fries. Perfect, this keyboard is now covered in drool.
- 10% Off Any Food Item (excludes alcohol) @ The Keys – Sit back, relax, take is the cool breeze of Lake Erie and enjoy one of the best patios on the island all while enjoying Caribbean and South Florida favorites.
- Free Admission & $1 Off Family Members @ The Butterfly House – Have you ever been serenaded by a Kaleidoscope of butterflies? Well you’re about to. And we checked, while a group of butterflies is most commonly called a “Swarm,” it’s also referred to as a “Kaleidoscope.” The more the you know!
Memorial Day Only
20. Free Bowl of Lobster Bisque @ Boardwalk Main & Upper Deck – Wait, what? Ladies and gentlemen of the Armed Services, enjoy the best bowl of lobster bisque this side of Key West.
21. 50% Any Food Item @ Mossback’s – If you don’t go for the Perch & Pierogies, go for the Perch & Pierogies. Can you tell we like the Perch & Pierogies?
22. Free Souvenir Pint Glass w/ Any Purchase @ Put-in-Bay Brewing Company – Fresh off a brand new remodel, the Put-in-Bay Brewing Company is ready to ring in the summer of 2016. And they’re giving out free pint glasses. FREE!
23. 25% Discount @ Put-in-Bay Surf Shop – You have to look good on the island right? Grab yourself a new pair of flip flops or maybe even a new hooded sweatshirt. A huge selection and new 2016 styles will you have looking island fresh.
All who serve or have served in the United States Military, we salute you. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!